- Salary: R $1200 per month
- Min. Education level: Bachelor
- Specialism:Digital & Online Marketing / Digital Marketing / Social Media
About the internship
CIVICUS, the global civil society alliance, is looking for a digital communications savvy intern to join our globally-focused communications team, someone passionate about media and communication and committed to working in partnership with activists and social change organisations around the world to enhance the rights, freedoms, health and vitality of civil society. The Digital Communications intern will work closely with communications and other staff to produce and disseminate digital communications, in particular communicating CIVICUS knowledge about civil society, being part of advocacy efforts to protect people’s rights to speak out, organise, and take action, and amplify marginalised voices, especially from the Global South. The intern will produce multi-media content for website and social media (graphics, videos, infographics, etc); draft written content; support media outreach; and conduct research related to fundamental freedoms and human rights; among other support for CIVICUS communications.
CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 10,000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
- A degree in a related field or is studying towards a graduate degree in a related field. This requirement can be waived in lieu of global activism experience in inclusion
- Excellent English language writings skills
- Good understanding of Google analytics, web and content management.
- Ability to use content production software – Adobe, PictoChart, Canva, Video editing software
- Experience with media management and monitoring software.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to use social media and social media content scheduling tools, Buffer, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to Apply
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on 22 March 2021. Interested candidates should send their application.
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.