- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Environmental or Climate Related / Water, Energy or Natural Resources Management
Position title: Project Intern: Amboseli-Chyulu sub-landscape
Position period: 6 months
Reports to: Amboseli-Chyulu Sub-Landscape Coordinator
Location: Loitokitok sub-county, Kajiado County
The intern will support effective coordination, management and implementation of the IKI-Large-scale Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) in Africa. The project aims to restore 25,000 hectares covering Loitokitok Forest Reserve, agricultural areas and rangelands within the sub-county. The project will be implemented in close collaboration with government departments, Civil Society Organisations, private sector and other stakeholders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting coordination of project activities on daily basis
- Assist in data collection and entry
- Assist in planning and running project meetings by providing logistical support
- Ensure the tree nursery is well managed by closely working with KFS and CFA teams
- Assist in documentation of restoration work through data capture and storage
- Assist in community mobilization through correspondence and field visits
- Provide support in project monitoring and evaluation
- Assist in tree species identification and labelling whenever required
- Assist to organize and execute landscape restoration activities
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manger
Key Skills/ Competencies
- Data collection, analytical skills including use of Microsoft Office packages
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure of strict deadlines.
- Background and expertise in Environmental and Natural Resource sciences
Qualification and Experience
- At least a diploma in Environmental or Natural Resource sciences. A diploma in a related area of study will also be considered.
- Experience in working with the community in Loitokitok subcounty
Internal: Interacts frequently with theme leaders, Coordinators/ Managers, Projects Officers, Consultants, researchers and All WWF-Kenya staff
External: Interacts frequently with WWF sub-landscape staff, county government departments and other agencies, conservation officials in the county, development agencies, CBOs and NGOs in the Amboseli-Chyulu sub-landscape.
This job description covers the main tasks. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position applied for on the subject line to be received no later than 17th September 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce