- Exp.: Some Experience a Plus
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Hospitality & Tourism / Wildlife & Aquatic Studies
Position Title: Intern: Mau-Mara/Land for Life Project
Position period: 3 months
Reports to: Mau-Mara sublandscape Coordinator
Job Grade: TBA
Location: Mau-Mara sub landscape
To coordinate collection and analysis of monitoring information emanating from the conservancy scouts Patrols and disseminate to the relevant stakeholders including Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) and SORALO
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in project communication through data collection, report writing and correspondence
- Assists in establishing a wildlife monitoring information sharing system;
- Maintain and constantly update the human wildlife conflict database for Wildlife Programme work
- Assist in following up or trouble shooting of the different data collection platforms in the different conservancies
- Assess and report progress against assigned projects implementation and action plans
- Assist in stakeholder mobilization for capacity building and income diversification activities
- Assist in initiating and supporting nature-based interventions
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Line Manger
Key Skills/ Competencies
- Data collection, analytical skills including use of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of current data collation platforms such as SMART/Cyber tracker, WILD Data will be added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure of strict deadlines.
- Ability to maintain good working relations with stakeholders
Qualification and Experience
- At least a diploma in relevant wildlife and tourism related studies.
- Knowledge of nature based and environment-friendly business development will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of the Mau-Mara sub-landscape will be an added advantage
Internal: Interacts frequently with theme leaders, Coordinators/ Managers, Projects Officers, Consultants, researchers and All WWF-Kenya staff
External: Interacts frequently with WWF sub-landscape staff, county government departments and other agencies, conservation officials in the county, development agencies, CBOs and NGOs in the Mau-Mara sub-landscape.
This job description covers the main tasks. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position applied for on the subject line to be received no later than 17th September 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce