- Exp.: 3+ Years
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Business Admin, Management or Development
Job Title : Administrative Officer- Finance & Support Services (1 Position)
Reporting to : Director- Finance & Support Services
Grade Level : 13
Work Location : Nairobi
Purpose of Position
To provide timely and quality administrative support to the Finance & Support Services Directorate in enabling the teams achieve the goal and objectives effectively and efficiently
Administrative Support 40%
- Coordinate administrative support for the Finance & Support services Directorate including but not limited to offering secretariat services, consolidating reports, maintenance of office assets, equipment and maintain adequate supplies/stationary
- Prepare correspondences and facilitate for signing by the relevant on staff matters; bank, visa, certificate of service, letters.
- Ensure effective and efficient facilitation of departmental meetings, events, activities and projects
- Ensure timely disbursement of the Directorate correspondences.
- Ensure provision of excellent front desk services to Directorate visitors.
- Coordinate and ensure timely preparation of monthly, quarterly Directorate reports
Logistical Support 30%
- Provide Logistical Support for the Finance & Support Services Team
- Coordinate Air and road travels for the teams including visa applications, airport pickups, transfers and hotel reservations.
- Support in writing of correspondences, sending them out and receiving the same from partners.
- Ensure the Directorate has enough stationery, and the photocopiers printers and scanners are maintained in good condition.
- Receive parcels and allocating them to staff
Document / Information management 20%
- Develop and maintain a Directorate document management system that ensures safe and orderly custody of information both manually and electronically
- Facilitate FSS document retention and retrieval
- Ensure proper filing of FSS hard and soft copy documents for ease of retrieval.
- Maintain a robust online filing system for all FSS documents for ease of retrieval
- Coordinate document retrieval when needed Maintain an up to date addresses of FSS staff, partners and key contact persons based in other WVI offices.
- Ensure confidentiality of finance records in accordance to WVK polices and the data protection regulations.
- Maintain up to date key Directorate records including, Polices, Business processes, Organizational structures, AOPs, departmental staff data and details etc
Banking Liaison 15%
- Coordinate the opening of new bank accounts and updating of signatories and account closure.
- Organize for periodic meetings between banks and WVK finance leadership to discuss banking issues.
- Proper filing of banking information relating to accounts held, signatories list and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Coordinate trainings by banks on new initiatives and technologies.
- Coordinate follow up with the various banks on any pending issues.
- Attend and actively participate/lead trans teams, group devotions, chapel and other events.
- Coordinate and participate in roll out and implementation of Directorate initiatives
- Participate in committees and taskforces, as assigned
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Business Administration or related field form a recognized university
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in offering administrative support.
- Proficiency in Computer applications (Excel, Word, Power point etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good interpersonal and relational skills.
- Very organized
- Excellent team player
- Highly motivated, self-driven, keen on details and willingness to learn.
- The holder of this position must be results orientated and focused individual who is able to work under minimum supervision
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Please Note that you will be required to have a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance as part of the selection process.