- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance
We are a food and beverage company in Kenya whose goal is to be the number one healthy food provider in East Africa. We seek to bring a rebirth of wellness to all across Africa.
Our team of highly skilled and passionate experts work to produce not just natural products but also delicious foods to the table.
We strive to bring to every kitchen naturally, healthy and organically grown or produced food.
The Account Assistant offers support to the Accounts receivable, stocks, Accounts payable and accounting & tax preparation function. This is a support role which extends in all areas of accounting function and playing a key role in ensuring seamless offer of accounting services to other company functions.
Responsibilities (Functions and duties):
1. AR and Collections
· Pursuing customer payments
· Receiving cheques and receipting customer accounts
· Customer accounts reconciliation and preparation of customer statements
· Verification and posting of input Withholding VAT
· Computing the weight of invoiced product for transport billing
· Dispatch reconciliations
· Assisting in preparing of daily and weekly collection reports
· Confirming the stocks received (Includes packaging materials and raw materials)
· Verification of customer returns and returned invoices
· Monitoring the posting of stocks on daily basis and doing stock check through spot checks and stock take
· Stock movement and utilization reconciliation
· Organizing and supervising of monthly and yearend stock takes and posting of the stock take figures.
· Preparing, costing and posting of destruction certificates.
3. AP and purchases
· Assist payable accountant on Purchasing, Petty cash administration and supplier reconciliation
· Following up with suppliers on the status of the PO and delivery dates
· Assist in preparing of withholding input VAT
· Assist in posting of supplier invoices
4. Accounting support
· Assisting in Bank reconciliations
· Preparation for filling of VAT, withholding VAT, Standard Levy and withholding tax
· Any other duty as may be assigned to by the management from time to time
5. Any other duties not necessarily mentioned which are in line with the position as an Accounts Assistant
· Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
· Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
· Working Knowledge of QuickBooks
· Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software Proficiency in English and in MS Office
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Minimum two-years’ experience in a busy office
Education and specialist Knowledge Required:
· Degree/Diploma in Accounts or any other relevant field
· Minimum CPA II Section IV
· Experience in Manufacturing field will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Detailed and updated CV’s to be sent with the subject “Accounts Assistant”