- Exp.: Some Experience Required
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance / Auditing / IT or Computer Science
The Teachers Service Commission seeks to engage a Senior Internal Auditor – Information Systems and an Internal Auditor- Information Systems from qualified Officers who are currently working with the Commission. Applicants must have successfully completed their probation period, demonstrated diligence, commitment and a positive attitude to work.
INTERNAL AUDITOR- INFORMATION SYSTEMS AUDIT – TSC GRADE 9 – (2) POSITIONS
Reporting to the Senior Internal Auditor-Information Systems, the position will be responsible for conducting scheduled information Systems audit assignments and documenting the work performed to facilitate review and support of the recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare information systems audit engagement programs and establishes audit procedures
2. Conduct planned Information System audit assignments and advices on corrective action for identified weaknesses of internal control systems.
3. Prepare and submit draft audit reports with appropriate recommendations to address arising audit concerns on a timely manner.
4. Perform IT security audits including evaluating whether security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated.
5. Test adequacy and effectiveness of IS control measures and recommend corrective measures to be undertaken in areas of weakness.
6. Assess whether the procedures and methods established for developing an application were actually followed.
7. Assess whether adequate controls are built into the application software.
8. Assess whether adequate controls are provided in the process of software maintenance.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in business related course and qualified as CISA, CISM, CGEIT or CRISC
Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution. Applicants with CISA, or CISM, CGEIT, CRISC will have an added advantage.
2. This is an entry level position.
1. Good communication, Organizational and interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism.
3. Self-driven individual with ability to work under minimal supervision
1. Applicants will be required to have a current performance report from their Supervisors.
2. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply through the recruitment portal.
Applications should be received on or before 1st September, 2021.
No manual applications will be considered.