- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Business Admin, Management or Development / HR & Administration
Established in 2012, SustaiNet Group (SGL) is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya and operates a Country Office in Kampala, Uganda. We offer development consulting services to facilitate effective agricultural market-oriented and private sector-led development; resilience building; entrepreneurship and employment opportunities for youth and women and similar services in the East Africa region and beyond, for clients including regional governments, international development organisations and agro-businesses. As part of our compliance and operational support services (COSS) business, we also provide logistic, event management, HR, finance, legal and other management ‘outsourcing’ services to international development organisations and agro-businesses interested in implementing projects and programmes in the region. We believe in partnership and networking as means to leverage competencies and resources for responsible entrepreneur-driven agriculture and rural development, which is environmentally and socially sustainable. This belief forms the basis for the solutions we promote to our clients and for our own business practice.
SGL is currently seeking for a young, enthusiastic and driven HR Intern to assist the HR department with HR-related tasks.
This unique three-month internship opportunity is for someone who has a strong interest in pursuing a career in Human Resource, allowing you to test your abilities and further explore your career interests. Not only does this internship provide you with a first-hand look and experience inside the Sustainet Group organization, but it also gives us the opportunity as a company to further develop your skills in this field of study.
- Assist the Human Resource officer in the preparation of all staff monthly payroll.
- Assist the Human Resource officer in the preparation/drafting of employees/expert contracts.
- Assist the Human Resource officer in the preparation and development of HR templates.
- Assist the Human Resource officer in the analysis of the monthly staff attendance based on system generated reports.
- Assist the Human Resource officer in the orientation of new staff/experts joining the organization.
- Proper physical and electronic filing of all administration documents and staff documents i.e. leave forms.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Human Resource Officer.
- Applicant must have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource specialization) with strong academic credentials.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a responsible way
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
How to apply:
Candidates who meet the requirements should send their CV and a cover letter motivating their interest in the position, detailing current and expected salary and Skype and mobile contacts by COB (9th January 2021) and follow the application instructions on the site.
Sustainet Group Limited (SGL), is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates, whose CVs are received into our database will be contacted.