- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Not Specified
- Specialism: Digital or Social Media / Graphic Design / Journalism & Communication / Sales or Marketing
About Somo Africa
Somo Africa is an accelerator that works with entrepreneurs to build high-impact businesses in underserved areas. We provide them with the training, mentorship, capital and market access they need to succeed. Our team of 33 staff and 60 volunteers operate in 8 low-income areas in Nairobi, Kisumu and recently launched in Mombasa.
Our program includes:
- A rigorous 12-week Entrepreneurship Bootcamp;
- Long-term advisory relationships with local and remote business leaders;
- Early-stage grants;
- Later-stage growth capital in the form of loans;
- Market access assistance;
- Networking and growth partnership opportunities.
Our entrepreneurs come from underserved areas and are building businesses that bring positive change to their communities. We measure our success not only by the number of entrepreneurs we train and graduate but also by the economic and social impact of their businesses in their communities. Our program focuses on market-based solutions driven by local entrepreneurs to solve high-impact, local problems with self-sustaining businesses. The businesses cover a wide range of sectors from renewable briquettes, to computer programming courses, to African dolls made from recycled materials.
Reports To: The Social Media intern will report to the Marketing Associate.
We are looking for a Social Media Intern, to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To manage all company social media platforms.
- To create content for social media platforms.
- Conduct site visits and attends organization events to generate relevant content.
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns.
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Create a weekly and monthly schedule to promote organizations’ brands on social media platforms.
- Collaborate with the sales team to ensure sales are successfully made from social media leads.
- A diploma/degree in Mass Communication or Marketing.
- Any certification in digital marketing from any recognized institution is an advantage.
- Graphic design skills on Canva; Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom; Procreate, CorelDraw
- At least one year of experience in managing a company social media presence
- Communication skills.
- Graphic designs and editing skill.
- Video editing skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn and grasp new concepts
Candidates who meet the requirements should send their CV and Cover letter by 31st Jan 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.