- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance
Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Finance Assistant (Budgeting and Reporting). The role holder will be responsible for the award budgeting, contracting and donor reporting functions. The holder of the role is also responsible for financial as well as grants compliance aspects, and ensures high-quality services are in line with SCI Policies and Procedures. The role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree in Commerce Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- Part II qualified in a recognized professional qualification in Accounting (CPA, ACCA) is an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years similar work experience within a fast-paced work environment with 1 years’ experience in budgeting and reporting
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Fluency (Verbal and Written) in English required.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong team player, collaborative and capable of building effective relationships across all levels.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Problem solving and risk mitigating skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Officer Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and financial software such as Agresso.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Safeguarding Policy and other Global Policies.
- A commitment to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity in employment and empathy with SC values and objectives.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values and principles
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.