- Salary (KES): 125,000
- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Business Admin, Management or Development / HR & Administration
Starting Salary (Gross): Kshs. 125,000
Supervisor: Senior Manager, HR and Regional Program
Supervision Given: [None]
RefugePoint was founded in 2005 to provide lasting solutions for the world’s most vulnerable refugees. We work to fill the critical and unmet needs of people affected by war and conflict that have fallen through the net of humanitarian assistance, in particular women, children and urban refugees.
The primary responsibility of the Officer, Admin and Human Resource is to provide assistance to the Human Resource and the Administrative functions in their roles in supporting the Urban Refugee Program as well as the UN Collaboration Program (UNCP).
The core responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Assist in the recruitment, on-boarding, and off-boarding of staff which may include but is not limited to contacting candidates, administering skills tests, conducting interviews, preparing on-boarding packets and schedules, exit forms etc.;
- Maintain the training and development log for Nairobi staff and analyze training needs in conjunction with the Training Manager;
- Assist in necessary research, development and presentation of internal trainings in conjunction with management staff;
- Prepare survey questionnaires as/when required and analyze feedback responses received;
- Assist in the maintenance of staff leave schedules and annual/sick leave balances;
- Assist in periodic review of the robustness of HR programs and contribute towards updating and/or writing new standard operating procedures;
- Adhere to confidentiality procedures and policies when collecting or handling HR related data.
- Assist in the implementation of culture and wellness initiatives developed by the Culture and Wellness Committee;
- Coordinate welfare support for staff in conjunction with the Senior Manager, HR and Regional Program;
- Maintain personnel records in good condition;
- Assist in the implementation of performance management processes;
- Support the Finance team in the implementation of monthly payroll.
- Assist in identifying venues for organizations’ activities in addition to coordinating the activities, ground transportation, and presentations;
- Assist in arranging temporary lodging, transport, communication, and other travel logistics for Boston staff, Experts, and/or other guests as may be required.
- Offer support on admin functions as needed to ensure smooth functioning of the Admin Unit;
- Provide administrative support every once in a while for operational departments during visits to the community.
Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Human Resource, Business Studies, or a related field required;
- At least two years’ work experience in administrative, logistical, human resource roles (or a combination) and a higher diploma in a related field in lieu of the bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to handle and maintain matters confidentially;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Experience in HR specific software will be an added advantage.
- A valid Police Clearance Certificate
Closing Date: Short-listing and recruiting will be on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.