- Exp.: 1+ Years
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Actuarial Science
Role: Actuarial Analyst (Mombasa, Kenya)
Position type: 3-month contract (potential for renewal to longer-term depending on performance)
RCL is an East African based consultancy providing actuarial, financial modelling and risk management advice to governments and governmental organizations, public and private pension scheme trustees and sponsors, (re)insurance companies, not-for-profit organizations, SMEs and large-scale corporations.
As an Actuarial Analyst you will be joining as a key member of RCL’s consulting team. You will be responsible for providing technical support to the Consultants and the rest of the RCL team on projects, new initiatives, and new ventures.
Coming on board the RCL Team means:
• Being part of a dynamic and innovative team asking bold questions, bringing new perspectives, and providing actionable solutions to create lasting impact.
• Conducting business with a professional standard that is underpinned by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries’ code of ethics.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Data study: data checks and analysis and producing good data sets.
Modelling: building, testing and checking.
Communications: report drafting, liaising with client, project team and other stakeholders, presentations, workshops, surveys
Research: conduct any research required, analyze, summarize, and present findings
- University degree in actuarial science or a related field. Minimum second-class upper degree (or equivalent).
- Technical knowledge in pensions, (re)insurance and investment industries with at least 1 year of experience in any of these industries.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficiency in data analytics using tools like MS Power Query, R, Python etc.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and bring the appropriate sense of urgency to situations.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, tact and initiative.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Confidentiality is mandatory.
To be successful in this role you will be:
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and name their CV as “First Name, Last Name, CV”.
RCL is an equal opportunity employer accepting job applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. In addition, RCL adheres to applicable statutory laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in all our locations.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.