- Exp.: Some Experience Required
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance / Business Admin, Management or Development / International Relations/Development / Public Policy / Administration
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About The Role
One Acre Fund relies on grant funding to support our operational deficit, but also takes on debt to finance working capital needs. You will join the Investor Relations team at One Acre Fund, which manages our debt needs, identifies and grows relationships with lenders, and does financial modeling to inform borrowing decisions
The Investor Relations team is a team of 3 people, based in NY, and part of the larger Finance Division. You will report to the Investor Relations manager, and work with other members of the Finance Department across the USA and East Africa. The internship is remote-friendly.
- Lender Relationship Management Support and Due Diligence: You will prepare materials for lenders to support due diligence and proposals submissions. Materials will include financial information and summaries of One Acre Fund’s operations.
- Reporting: You will help prepare our quarterly lender report, including the analyses of One Acre Fund’s performance against budget. You will also assist the Investor Relations team with other loan compliance tasks (monitoring questionnaires, interest payments)
- Financial Modeling: You will support financial modeling projects (forecasts, FX risk) in collaboration with the larger Finance Division
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to summarize information in writing and verbally; to help lenders understand One Acre Fund’s operations
- Experience in corporate finance and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of Excel (google sheets a plus), including pivot tables, complex formulas (e.g. Index, Match, Lookups), ability to manage large datasets
- Familiarity with and interest in impact investing and socially responsible investing
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, or volunteer organizations
- Exceptional recent college graduates or young professionals with Bachelor’s degrees in Finance; you are encouraged to apply if you are pursuing a Graduate degree in Business, Policy or International Relations
- Language: English
Preferred Start Date17 May 2021
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi, Kenya, starting remotely due to COVID-19
Compensation: Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract.
Eligibility: This Internship is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya and Rwanda
Application Deadline: 20 April 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.