- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance
Oasis Healthcare Group Limited is Kenya’s first and largest countrywide, fully-integrated private healthcare system, registered in October 2015 and born out of the Oasis Group Practice model of health services provision to harmonize the various companies & facilities existing across the country under the Oasis umbrella.
We currently have facilities in the following counties: Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya, Uasin-Gishu, Kitui, Nairobi, Kakamega, Busia and Bungoma.
We are looking to fill the following positions with qualified and suitable individuals willing to join us at our various facilities.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant (2 Positions)
Main Purpose: Reporting to the Accountant, the successful candidate will help the Accounts Department to do the duties of accounting nature with the team in the delivery of services efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Ensuring effective administration of petty cash. .
- Proper handling of petty.
- Petty cash disbursement.
- Preparation of daily detailed cash analysis.
- Daily posting of the cash sales in the QuickBooks system. Upon approval of the daily cash analysis by the chief accountant.
- Posting of petty cash expenses in the QuickBooks system.
- Receiving hospital goods/items together with procurement officer and head of user department. Upon receipt of goods from the supplier the Accounts Assistant confirms accuracy, completeness and reasonableness of price, quality and expiry dates in cases of pharmaceuticals products by comparing the suppliers’ invoice against delivery note and the hospital internal purchase order.
- Posting of supplier invoices in the QuickBooks system. The posting of supplier’s invoices in the QuickBooks system should be done immediately and the Financial Controller should review the supplier’s accounts regularly.
- Raising the good return note; in case of any discrepancies of suppliers’ invoices and internal LPO in respect to prices, quantities, damages or short expires the Accounts Assistant should immediately raise a good return note and send it to respective suppliers the same day.
- Surprise stock takes. The Accounts Assistant should regularly do random stock takes. The random stock take report should be forwarded to the chief accountant for further action in case of any variances.
- Bank reconciliations. The Accounts Assistant must prepare a weekly bank reconciliation report. The report should then be forwarded to the Financial Controller.
- Posting of bank service charge and other bank related charges in the quick books system: the transaction should be properly and accurately captured in the system.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register: The Accounts Assistant should always prepare a detailed report and update the fixed asset register as and when the hospital purchases capital assets. She/he should capture the asset in the right category of the fixed asset register. The register should be forwarded on a monthly basis to the Financial Controller for review. The report should capture the location of each asset, its current condition (either bad or good), serial number and its existence (is it available).
- Preparation of consultancy fees (Specialists): the Accounts Assistant should maintain an excel sheet analysis for all specialists. The specialist consultancy fees analysis should be updated daily. On a monthly basis the consultancy fee payable to specialists is presented to the CEO for further scrutiny.
- Monthly stock take: the Accounts Assistant should be part of monthly stock take.
- Budgeting process: the Accounts Assistant must work hand in hand with the Financial Controller in formulating the cash budget (cash flow budget) and pro forma financial statements i.e. pro forma statement of comprehensive income, pro forma statement of financial position.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors: the accountant should avail accounting information as and when requested by the internal and external auditors when executing their duties.
- Statement delivery coordination: the Accounts Assistant on a monthly basis should ensure all the customers statements are dispatched on time. The overall responsibility of sending statements lies with the accountant.
- Coordination and payment of all hospital business licenses and permits: the Accounts Assistant should always in advance advise the management on all annual business licenses and permits obligations and when they fall due.
- Filing of finance departments: all hospital documents should be properly filed on their right and respective files.
- The overall responsibility of filling lies with the Accounts Assistant.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Management Accounting Option.
- CPA Holder.
- Must be of high integrity
- Comfortable with computer applications
- Customer friendly.
- Well versed in Accounting applications e.g. QuickBooks etc.
- Ability to multitask
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your Application, CV, copies of your academic testimonials and other relevant documents via quoting the job title with the town name on the email Subject.
We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Applications to reach us before close of business 8th October 2021.
“Oasis Healthcare group is an equal opportunity employer”