- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Architecture ,Building, Design or Construction / Civil Engineering / Electrical & Electronic Engineering / Lands or Survey / Mechanical Engineering / Structural Engineering
ADVERT NO: 1/2020/2021 CLERK OF WORKS
The NG-Constituency Development Fund Committee for Westlands Constituency seeks applications from qualified, experienced, dynamic and highly motivated candidates to fill the following position in its office based at Westlands.
A clerk of Works, also known as Site Inspector, Site Supervisor or Building Quality Officer is responsible for monitoring the work of a contracted firm or artisans hired in a labour contract.
A Clerk of Works is required to be on site all the time or make regular site visits. He/She needs to be vigilant in overseeing a range of technical aspects of the works. An officer in this position will be responsible to the Fund Account Manager for the following roles:
1) Ensure that all correct materials and workmanship are used as per the client’s standards, specification and schedule.
2) Be Familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, check and use them as a yard stick for inspection of works.
3) Make regular inspection visits to project sites to monitor progress of on-going works
4) Take measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards.
5) Be familiar with legal requirements and ensure that the works complies with the relevant laws and regulations.
6) Have working knowledge on health and safety legislation and points out any observed shortfall.
7) Keep detailed records on progress and any delays, the number and type of workers employed, visitors on the site, drawings received, deliveries, instructions and any serious deficiencies in health or healthy requirements observed on site.
8) Performs any other duty as may be assigned by the fund account manager.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT.
For appointment to this position a candidate must have the following:
- A minimum of a Diploma in building and construction, Engineering, Quantity Survey equivalent from recognised training institute.
- Two years of progressive work experience
- An understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements.
- Ability to write reports on the progress of works.
- Knowledge in accurate record keeping,
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Motor cycle riding skills and valid licence
- Letter from the chief certifying residency
- Preference may be given to the candidate originating from the recruiting constituency.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE.
A competitive salary package will be offered to successful candidate on a three year renewable contract subject to performance.
NGCDFC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all gender and persons with disabilities to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their applications in writing and attach certified copies of the academic certificates, testimonials, certificate of good conduct, EACC self declaration form and detailed CV clearly indicating position reference, daytime telephone number, postal address, current salary, llames and contact addresses of 3 referees so as to reach the undersigned on or before 22nd December 2020.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application letters attached with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and relevant testimonials should be addressed to:-
THE FUND ACCOUNT MANAGER
NG-CONSTITUENCY DEVELOPMENT FUND OFFICE
OFF KIUNA RISE
P.O BOX 13712, 00800
So as to reach him/her by 22nd December 2020.