What We Need
- Audit of existing Employee Handbook, or internal communications regarding employment policies
- Edit or creation of a new Employee Handbook, which may include any of the following: Standards of Conduct, Work Schedules, Leave Policies, Termination Policies, Safety and Security, Anti-Discrimination policies, Compensation and Benefits policies, any Non-Disclosure Agreements or Conflict of Interest statements that may apply, and any other pertinent information
MTG already has a child and young persons policy and therefore seeks support to develop an abridged version aimed at achieving the following objectives;
* Transform the CYPP into a user-friendly version to enhance comprehension and relevance to its users; MTG beneficiaries.
* Increase vigilance among MTG girls to recognize risks and abuse (within and outside MTG), and how to respond and effectively report them.
* Improve beneficiaries’ knowledge and understanding on Moving the Goalposts CYPP.
What We Have In Place
- We currently have a policy in place, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have a dedicated staff incharge of safeguarding who will support, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $2,430 , allowing us to support community activities geared towards enhancing increased participation of girls in sports while specifically enhancing a safe and secure environment to aid their participation.This will contribute to enhancing a safe environment for beneficiaries as it will make the policy friendly and understandable by girls 9 to 25 years and will be able to identify risks and know where and to whom to report to and further give them confidence to seek for their rights where their safety is in question. The abridged version will also assist the safe guarders (young leaders) have a point of reference as they conduct peer to peer sessions on safeguarding
About The Org; Moving the Goalposts Kilifi
To strengthen the voice, impact and influence of girls and young women by providing opportunities for them to play football, take on leadership roles, learn about their rights and how to claim those rights, with a focus on sexual and reproductive health and choice.
What We Do
Moving The Goalposts (MTG) aims to create a fair, just and inclusive environment where disadvantaged girls and young women’s rights are acknowledged respected and realized. MTG’s mission is to positively influence communities by working with them to provide skills and opportunities for girls and young women to achieve their full potential through football in Kenya.
Since 2012, MTG has been operating in the Coastal Counties of Kilifi and Kwale where girls and young women face many challenges, such as high poverty, illiteracy and a high rate of school dropout due to transactional sex relations, pregnancy and early marriages. Additionally MTG advocate’s for young women’s rights on a national level.
Over 9,000 girls between 9to 25 years come together every Saturday afternoon to play football and discuss issues that matter to them; leadership, business and entrepreneurial skills and learn about their bodies and advocate for their sexual and reproductive health. 80% of the beneficiaries are between 9 to 17 years.
Moving The Goalposts Programs include;
* Annual football leagues organized by MTG members in nearly 50 fields in Kilifi and Kwale Counties
* Training girls and young women in a range of leadership roles such as coaches, referees, first aid providers, field leaders, peer educators, youth peer providers, safe guarders and savings officials
* Peer education on sexual reproductive health and rights, including one on one and group counseling
* Collaboration with and education for parents, teachers and other stakeholders to elevate the position of girls and young women in the communities
* Economic empowerment to improve young women’s livelihoods through trainings, savings and career guidance
* Education support through offering scholarships, mentorship, ensure that more girls stay in school and are able to transit to higher levels of education that will lead to employment.
* Commitment to the safety and rights of all children as specified by MTG’s Child Protection policy