- Exp.: Some Experience Required
- Min. Education level: Not Specified
- Specialism: Software Engineering
Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program – Kenya Apprenticeship- Software Engineer
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person on the planet to achieve more. This is at the heart of Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program which is designed to unlock career opportunities in technology for talent with non-traditional backgrounds.
The Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program is delighted to announce a new pathway launching in Nairobi, Kenya. Microsoft Leap is designed to accelerate job-readiness for careers in technology through a transformative experience, which includes classroom and on-the-job training, preparing apprentices for the various technology roles worldwide.
Seeking Apprentices for the following : Software Engineers
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Completion of relevant training, for example:
- Graduated from a coding academy or boot camp, plus six months of development projects or professional experience after graduation
- Self-taught programmer demonstrating recent development projects or professional experience
- Degree from a community college in computer science or related field
- Degree from a college/university in computer science or related field with a previous career in tech, plus a 2+ year career break
- Previous work experience in any field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and collaborative skills
- Currently authorized to work in Kenya for entire duration of Leap apprenticeship. Immigration sponsorship will not be provided by the employer nor Microsoft
- Not employed as a vendor or full time employee for Microsoft Corporation within the past six months
Apprenticeship dates: March 15, 2021 — June 4, 2021
Virtual Model: Online only classroom and apprenticeship online.
Application portal opened : January 12, 2021 (12:00 AM UTC) – Close : February 9, 2021 (12:00 AM UTC)