- Exp.: 1+ Years
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Education & Training / Environmental or Climate Related / Hospitality & Tourism / Nautical Science or Marine Related / Water, Energy or Natural Resources Management / Wildlife & Aquatic Studies
Kenya Wildlife Conservancies Association (KWCA) is a national membership organization established in 2013 to represent and support the development of community and private conservancies in Kenya through policy advocacy, coordination and sharing of best practices. KWCA recognizes that conservancies outside state protected areas represent a strong mechanism to promote a sense of wildlife ownership and custodianship among local communities and landowners that share land with wildlife. The Association was borne out of a need for legal recognition of conservancies, streamlined coordination and a demand for an independent community-led national constituency
The Institute seeks to hire competent individuals on temporary basis to support training in Diploma and Certificate programs. Successful candidates will be reporting to Lecturer II’s for provision of quality teaching and research in order to attain the set objectives of the Institute.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing teaching materials, lessons and practical sessions for certificate and diploma students
- Organizing and delivering teaching and learning in class and practical sessions to certificate and diploma students
- Supervising research projects, field training and field/industrial attachments
- Participating in training, curriculum development and training programs
- Planning, organizing and executing excursions and field trips for students
- Recording and maintaining trainees’ records of attendance, CATS and examinations
- Bachelor’s degree in Wildlife Management, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Sciences, Marine Sciences, Fisheries & Aquaculture Management, Tourism and/or Hospitality Management, Education (French) and any other relevant qualification.
- One (1) year teaching experience in a middle level college or a Postgraduate Diploma in Education/Technical Training or a Certificate in Pedagogy.
- IT Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of two (2) referees addressed to.
Kenya Wildlife Training Institute (KWSTI)
P.O. Box 842 – 20117