- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance
Reporting to the Supervisor Expenditure, the ideal candidate will be required to process supplier invoices and payments as per due dates and reconcile supplier’s accounts to ensure completeness of financial records.
- Ensure invoices are received and posted to the correct account code and Cost Centre.
- Ensure all invoices processed are supported by the contract or purchase order.
- Ensure compliance of tax authority’s requirements by subjecting the invoices to statutory deductions.
- Ensure invoices are duly approved by respective managers as per the company’s authorization limit.
- Analyze and resolve supplier queries with all stakeholders to ensure all liabilities are accounted for to achieve completeness.
- Reconcile year end accrual to subsequent invoices received and pass any adjustment where necessary.
- Ensure timely response and update to suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Prepare and reconcile all supplier statements with the Ledger.
- Process supplier payments for all invoices that are due to maintain good relations with suppliers.
- Amortize prepayments made to ensure action is taken against non-deliveries by suppliers thus safeguarding the company’s assets.
- Safe keeping of supplier invoices for future reference, recharges to third parties, audit trail and as evidence in case of any legal claims.
- Prepare monthly accruals for costs incurred and not billed as per GL timetable.
- Analyze and reconcile General Ledger accounts to ensure any outstanding balance is well supported.
Knowledge, Skills and experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution.
- Must possess accounting qualification i.e. CPA part II or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ practical experience in Finance in a busy Organization.
- Knowledge of IT supported systems in Finance, particularly Oracle Accounts payable will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Tax regulations in relation to supplier payments.
- Proficient in MS office applications.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
- Customer focus.
- Teamwork/team player.
- Results oriented.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Good organizational skills.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit your application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae quoting the position in the subject of your application by Monday, 10th May 2021.