- Exp.: Some Experience a Plus
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Medical Laboratory Technology
PREV_PKDL project is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) and the University of York, United Kingdom. The project aims to characterize host immune response and parasite related factors underlying Leishmaniasis disease development. The project is seeking to hire a Laboratory Technologist.
Position: Laboratory Technologist KMR/8 (1 Position)
Reporting to: Principal Investigator
Location: Centre for Clinical Research, Kimalel Health Centre, Baringo County
- The duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: Receiving/collecting, recording of specimens;
- Processing and analysis of routine clinical laboratory tests;
- Preparing reagents for both clinical and research laboratory procedures;
- Prompt recording and reporting of results;
- Dispatching the results for clinical/Research management;
- Routine and daily maintenance of laboratory equipment;
- Ensuring adherence to biosafety and biosecurity guidelines;
- Taking part in preparation of Standards Operations Procedures (SOPs).
- Serological and parasitological diagnosis of Leishmaniasis.
Person Minimum Specifications and requirements:
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences, from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB);
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists
- Proficiency in computer application; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Experience in diagnosis of Kala Azar is an added advantage.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Time management and planning skills
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
Terms of employment:
- One-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months.
- The position is full time based at the Centre for Clinical Research, Kimalel Health Centre, Baringo County.
Preferred start date: 1st April, 2021
How to Apply
- Applications MUST include the following:
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 3 referees with their contact details (Telephone and E-mail)
- Contact Telephone Number
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates
- Originals to be availed during the interviews
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply no later than 22nd March, 2021
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted