- Exp.: Some Experience Required
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Counselling
A KEMRI –CCR Clinical Trials Research Project based in Thika is currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions:
Field Officer Intern (Two positions) -To be based in Thika
The purpose of the internship is to be trained in recruitment and retention activities for a research clinic team.
The field officer intern will be trained on the following responsibilities:-
• Support the retention team in activities aimed at maintaining high retention of study participants.
• Conduct outreach activities in order to maintain high retention of study participants.
• Participate in trainings, team/staff meetings, and other events as needed.
• Bring to the study teams’ attention any problems, challenges, observed in study activities
• Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Professional Training
• Diploma in counseling, social work, nursing or clinical medicine from a recognized Institution
• Training in reproductive health sciences would be an added advantage
• Basic counseling
• Basic IT and social media skills
• Experience on health issues with communities
• Basic knowledge of reproductive health
• Prior work experience with young women
Terms of Engagement:
Appointment in the internship program will be for 6 months. This may be extended for another 6 months depending on performance.
i. A stipend will be provided.
ii. Interns will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application together with their detailed CV to the recruitment officer not later than 19th May, 2021
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY;
PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.