- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Nursing
Partners in Health Research and Development (PHRD), a clinical research facility under KEMRI-CCR is currently looking for a mature, motivated individual to fill in the following position:
Position: Nurse Counselor KMR 8 (3 positions)
Reports to: Study Coordinator
To deliver quality nursing and counseling services to study participants enrolled in a wide range of HIV and STI related clinical studies at PHRD
- Conduct clinical management
- Specifically provide reproductive health inclusive of contraceptive services
- Provide HIV testing and counselling to study participants enrolled in clinical trials
- Conduct procedures required as per research protocol in compliance with good clinical practice
Education and Professional training
- At least Diploma in Nursing (KRN/KRCHN)
Licensure: Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Team player
- Excellent Communication and people skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to work without supervision
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a nurse in a busy health facility
- At least one (1) year experience working in a busy HIV care clinic
- Experience providing reproductive health services
- Prior GCP and Human subjects training is desirable
- Experience working in clinical research setting is an added advantage
Terms of employment
Employment is a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
HOW TO APPLY
a) All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
b) Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
c) Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent not later than 2nd February, 2021
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.