- Salary (KES): 25,000 - 30,000
- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Business Admin, Management or Development / Operations
Keep IT Cool is a startup based in Nairobi, we support local white meat value chain by improving the supply chain through decentralised distribution with cold chain access and market access.
We are a very proud, hard-working team who sell chilled & frozen white meat into a multitude of industries such as eateries, restaurants , hotels, retailers, butcheries and more!
We consist of a wide range of ages and personalities so being a team-player and friendly is key for us.
We are looking for a responsible and experienced Operations Assistant to join our team, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of the work as per Raino HACCP and maximizing productivity of our processing and dispatch centres in Nairobi.
The working conditions include daily contact with blood, fish entrails and the resultant odors also frequent standing and bending . In addition to the working environment, you must be able to work with diverse individuals to meet processing and market goals.
- To assist the operations manager in overseeing all operational activities and driving the operational aspects of the business to include sales, logistics / supply chain and storage.
- The daily tasks involve coordination of sales by supervising the dressing of fish by gutting, scaling and filleting the meat into portions, packaging or fillets as required by our specific customers.
- Monitor fish processing conversion; executing continuous improvement, planning labour, organising cross-functional support and supporting the Operations manager in the execution of processing & supply chain operations.
- Maintenance of zero stock losses – this means no spoilages, no variance between physical and system stock movement.
- Maintenance of fresh stocks and timely delivery of annual, Monthly and Weekly purchase plans. Ensuring Availability of all SKUs.
- Creation of a purchase plan should start from yearly, monthly to weekly purchase plans and should also include preparation of a quarterly or annual departmental strategy
- Implementation of and adherence to company SOPs ( OSHAs and HACCP)
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking to keep management abreast of all industry related changes and developments.
- Create a daily delivery plan with the operations team to determine quantity and timing of deliveries in addition to route planning to achieve high fuel efficiency.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and liaise with management team
- Valid BCE driving license or Motorcycle license
- 2 years of experience in operations supervisory role in a fast paced environment
- Diploma or Degree in any Business related field
- Highly skilled in planning, organizing and coordinating
- Familiarity with sourcing and supplier management
- Highly organized and able to work independently to meet deadlines
- A team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good in analysis and report writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of QA, security protocols and procedures
- Availability/ Flexibility to work/Be on call 24hrs
- Previous working experience working with an leading FMCG will be an added advantage
Salary KES 25,000 – KES 30,000 – Net Salary – Deadline 10th Jan 2021