- Salary (KES): Competitive + Benefits
- Exp.: Some Experience Required
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: HR & Administration / Office Admin/Support / Operations
Office Location: Kenyatta Market, Nairobi, Kenya
Kounkuey Design Initiative, an award-winning, non-profit design and community development organization, is looking for a talented individual to assist and work alongside the office Directors and provide administrative support for the Nairobi office. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, motivated to build corporate systems that coordinate staff and resources, interested in and knowledgeable of the design and community development professions, and eager to learn all aspects of an innovative and growing non-profit organization.
Key responsibilities of the Operations Associate:
1. Overall Office Coordination
Our dynamic busy office needs someone who is very organised to help to coordinate the office, the different events, visits, meetings and workshops. The right person will be able to develop and administer KDI office policy and support our team culture and values throughout the office.
2. Office Administration
Our firm’s success relies on great operating systems, in this role you will be supporting the management and finance team to develop and put in place the best administration, IT, and operational systems, and a team that believes in these systems. This also includes assistance in procurement, dealing with vendors, and partners where required. Support for communications internally and externally may be also required at times.
3. Assistance to Directors
Working closely with the management team to coordinate and support Directors in executing their work and managing their busy schedules.
4. Human Resources Support
Supporting management in building and sustaining the intrepid and diverse staff team in our Nairobi office, and developing and maintaining a healthy KDI Kenya culture.
Experience We’re Seeking:
- Relevant university degree
- Experience in office administration
- Experience in human resources
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Management of excel spreadsheets and budgeting documentation
- Organizational operating systems and file management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken English, and spoken Swahill
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign)
Compensation and Quality of Life:
KDI actively seeks to create a well-balanced and responsive work environment. We offer competitive compensation and paid time off, as well as benefits such as private health insurance and opportunities for professional development and assistance with professional licenses and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Send electronic copies of (1) a cover letter that includes relevant experience, achievements, and interest in KDI; (2) your CV; and (2) two or more references.
Email subject heading should be as follows: Operations Associate [your name]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or medical condition.