- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Law
The Kenya Association of Manufacturers – the representative organization for manufacturing Value – add Industries in Kenya is seeking to competitively fill the following position:
Designation: Legal Intern
Reporting to: Legal & Regulatory Affairs Manager
Contract Type: 6 Months Fixed Contract
To offer the intern opportunity to gain practical experience while supporting the Kenya Association of Manufacturers’ legal and regulatory section in discharging their mandate and in supporting in legal matters of interest to KAM members
1. Support the legal and regulatory advocacy and research objectives of KAM.
2. Support the legal affairs of the organization and provision of legal advice.
3. Support management of information and record keeping.
4. Attend engagements on behalf of the team and the organization.
5. Timely and accurate drafts on correspondences and legal opinions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Your specific duties during internship will include and not limited to the following:
1. Development of legal research, advisories, memorandums and documents necessary to support legal advocacy work.
2. Handling Constitutional and regulatory issues affecting members;
3. Review policies and legislations and draft correspondences, legal opinions and regulatory advocacy position papers;
4. Support establishment of Legislation tracking system.
5. Support on the drafting and review of Contracts, MOUs and partnership agreements and maintaining a tracking system for the same.
6. Monitor and keep track of all documents and records on legal issues relating to KAM;
7. Support KAM Committees/Sectors as assigned.
8. Advising members on legal and regulatory requirements affecting their businesses touching on county, national and international issues
9. Assist in advising on organizational compliance of KAM.
10. To assist in preparation of PRAU unit seminars and workshops.
11. Assist in legal and regulatory research work and engage Governments on proposals that benefit the manufacturing sector.
12. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Policy Research and Advocacy Unit.
(i) Hold a Bachelor of Law degree and must have attended the Kenya School of Law.
(ii) Demonstrate good knowledge and keen interest of the law and willingness to learn.
(iii) Ability to offer credible support on matters requiring due diligence and attention to detail.
(iv) Ability to review and interpret the law and draft position papers.
(v) Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion effectively.
(vi) Knowledge on project management will be an added advantage.
(vii) Excellent communication and writing skills.
(viii) Have good organizational skills, be a team player and possess keen attention to detail.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualifying candidates to complete the online application form and submit their CV and Application letter only indicating the words “Legal Intern” on the email subject line to reach us not later than January 22, 2021. Only the shortlisted shall be contacted.