- Exp.: 3+ Years
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Business Admin, Management or Development / Sales or Marketing
The Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) is a business membership organization representing over 750 leading manufacturing and value-add companies in Kenya. We seek to competitively fill the following position:-
Title : Expos Assistant Officer
Department: KAM Consulting Unit
Reporting to: Market Development Officer
Supervises : None
Location : Nairobi
Contract Type : One Year Contract
Job Purpose: To support KAM consulting unit to organize and manage KAM Expos and market development events which include mobilizing exhibitors, participants and sponsors of the KAM Expos with expected outcomes as follows:-
- Ensure an average target number of visitors attend the events.
- Ensure targeted number of exhibitors display their products or services during the expos;
- Support revenue generation through sale of exhibition booths and mobilization of sponsors
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote locally manufactured goods in Kenya to all relevant stakeholders;
- Conduct and coordinate mini expos in the regions/chapters
- Sell exhibition booths to KAM members to showcase their products;
- Recruit exhibition sponsors in cash or in kind to fund expo activities;
- Liaise with different procurement and finance office for efficient utilization of funds;
- Liaise with communications team and develop and execute an event publicity/media engagement strategy;
- Liaise with various suppliers to drive experiential marketing at the events for maximum stakeholder engagement e.g. launches, fashion shows, entertainment, etc;
- Enhance the Sales Bonanza strategy to ensure value for money to KAM members;
- Organize B2B matchmaking opportunities to enhance linkages for KAM members;
- Liaise with BMOs and chambers of commerce to increase participation in Expos;
- Debt management for the Expo attendants to ensure all obligations are met;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive
Requirements and Personal Attributes:
- A degree in either of the following; Marketing or Business Development or any other relevant degree,
- Advanced training or experience in Sales or Marketing fields an added advantage
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in a comparable work environment.
- Effective organizational skills, team player, keen attentive to detail and ability to multitask.
- Good knowledge of the manufacturing industry.
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills
- Excellent Marketing and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable of the industrial sector in Kenya.
How to Apply:
Qualifying candidates should complete the online application form and submit their CV and Application letter only indicating the words “Expos Assistant ”on the subject line so as to reach us not later than January 20, 2021. Only the shortlisted shall be contacted.