- Salary (KES): monthly stipend
- Exp.: 1+ Years
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Graphic Design
Jacaranda Health is a non-profit organization focused on ensuring that all women and their families have access to affordable, high quality and patient-centered maternal and newborn healthcare. Jacaranda Health’s non-profit arm partners with government facilities to adapt tools for impact in the public sector. Our program partnerships with public facilities have grown from 3 facilities in 2015, to 200 facilities serving over 250,000 women and babies across 7counties in 2020. We currently run two large programs which focus on increasing health-seeking behavior amongst pregnant women/new moms through digital health (“PROMPTS”) and improving provider knowledge and skills to handle emergency obstetrics through a mentor model (“MENTORS”). Jacaranda has research and design components within each of these programs.
Our key metrics include:
- Increasing antenatal care attendance, postpartum care-seeking, skilled delivery care, postpartum family planning uptake, exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months, and knowledge of danger signs amongst pregnant women/new mothers
- Decreasing rates of maternal and neonatal mortality through proper management of delivery and immediate postpartum/newborn care, as well as through facility-level quality improvements
Please visit www.jacarandahealth.org for more details.
We are seeking a graphic design intern to create new visual materials, and elevate the look of existing materials, with the goal of strengthening our external communication to reflect the quality of our programs. We are looking for a designer with experience with B2B and B2C audiences and projects, and who can differentiate effectively between the two. He or she should be comfortable sharing drafts and iterations of their work on set project timelines, and confident in bringing their own ideas while being receptive to feedback.
The successful candidate will report to the Communications & External Relations Manager. They will work closely with her to understand the key messages and core audiences needs, and receive support throughout the process to finalize each project.
- Refresh and align components of our branding (including illustrations/graphics, iconography, powerpoint templates, infographics) and apply this refreshed content consistently across our materials (website, decks, newsletter, social media, etc.)
- Create visually compelling and effective materials, targeting our external audiences (donors, partners) as well as our program beneficiaries. This will include:
- Program briefs and decks (two-pager docs and Powerpoint/Google Slides)
- Facebook ads
- Social media page content graphics/images
- Improve layout and visual elements of the Jacaranda Health website that is easy to follow and read for the audience, and easy to maintain and edit on the back-end
- Create multiple draft options for the above projects, present ideas, receive feedback and revise for the next round of drafts, until the project has been finalized
- Format content in newsletter template on a monthly basis
- Support the team with various creative or design-related tasks
- Diploma in graphic design or fine arts, or related field (completed or on-going)
- 1-2 years of graphic design experience (including portfolio of previous work)
- Experience working with NGO or non-profit organizations, creating donor-facing content
- Clear and effective communication, including the ability to receive and explain creative ideas, and the ability to ask for help and clarification when needed
- Experience with designing websites (site/page layout as well as creative content)
- Ability to work methodically and meet project deadlines, sharing progress at the established timelines
- Attention to detail and aesthetics
- Familiarity with Google Drive (including Docs and Slides), and Canva
This is a full time position, for the duration of 3-months with the opportunity to extend based on performance. The contract period will begin mid-January 2021. This is a remote position.
While this is an internship position, we are able to offer a small, monthly stipend to the successful candidate for their work.
This position requires full-time hours from Monday – Friday, roughly between 8am – 5pm.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should submit an up-to-date copy of their CV and a link to their professional portfolio with clear examples of previous work. Hard copies or email applications will not be accepted. Candidates who do not submit a portfolio will not be considered.