- Exp.: None Required
- Min. Education level: Certificate
- Specialism: Business Admin, Management or Development / Management & Organizational Development / Project Management / Social Sciences
The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is the world’s largest non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health information and services. It has six Regional Offices worldwide. The Africa Regional office is based in Nairobi, Kenya while the international secretariat is in London, UK.
The incumbent will support the strategy, organizational development and governance (SODG) team on IPPF strategy, organizational development and governance activities under the supervision of the Head of Department with dotted lines to the Senior Lead Strategy, Organizational Development and Governance specialist.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support on the timely management of IPPF strategy documents (policies, procedures, guidelines, handbooks etc.)
- Support on the provision of timely administrative, logistical, and financial support to the SODG department in collaboration with other departments within the Regional and London Offices as necessary
- Support the development of IPPF Africa Regional Office (IPPF ARO) statutory documents such as the Annual Program & Budget (APB), Annual Report, Half Year Report as well as concept notes and proposals
- Work with the team in defining strategies and approaches for successful implementation of IPPF reform the Member Associations as well as the operationalization of the MA-centric and peer-to-peer support approaches
- Support on the monitoring of activity implementation progress and status of budgets (SOB) for timely joint review where needed
- Contribute to quarterly, semi-annually, and annual reports preparation and submission.
- Support to prepare and organise virtual or in presence meetings/workshops/conferences in the department.
- Assist in the preparation and compilation of initiative/project briefs/updates/summaries/service statistics trends for internal and external audiences (quarterly reviews, departmental meetings, donor’s meetings, conferences, webinars, periodical bulletins etc.)
- Contribute to logistical planning and support for any SODG team member’s travel if necessary
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all staff members, and contacts within and outside the Regional Office.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time, mainly duties in support of broader priorities of SODG department and IPPF mission
- The above tasks and responsibilities will help the intern to draw up an Internship Programme detailing how the work will be completed, responsibilities undertaken, by when and under whose guidance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualification (certificates) in Organizational Development, Business Administration, Social and/or Economical Sciences, and/or project planning and management
- Or enrolled student in the final academic/professional training year around Organizational Development, Business Administration, Social and/or Economical Sciences, and/or project planning and management or related fields
- No professional work experience is required for participation in the IPPFARO Internship Programme
- Proven interest in SRHR and/or youth issues is an added advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship, Knowledge of French is highly desirable
- Knowledge/skills on TIC and MS Suite of packages
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV form (Download Here) and a 1-page cover letter. Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
IPPF is an equal opportunity employer.
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).