- Exp.: Some Experience a Plus
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance / Business Admin, Management or Development
Organisation: Initiative for Equality and Non Discrimination (INEND)
Duty Station: Mombasa, Kenya
Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager
Job duration: Three-year full time renewable contract.
The Initiative for Equality and Non Discrimination (INEND) is a local not-for-profit organisation that researches and undertakes strategic actions towards equality, acceptance and inclusion in the Coast Region of Kenya. The Initiative for Equality and Non Discrimination (INEND) was established in 2015 in response to the need for new, expanded and diversified organising, on issues affecting sexual and gender minorities. INEND strategically and systematically engages with various actors within the society, particularly those who are known perpetrators of violence and discrimination, as a means of reducing violations against sexual and gender minorities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Finance and Operations Manager.
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts
- Follow up on invoices and any other financial documents.
- Review and adhere to department budgets
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
- Assist the Administration assistant in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Advice the employees on adherence to the organization’s financial policies and procedures
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
- Support day to day tasks in the Finance and Operations department.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Finance and Operations Manager
Key Result Areas:
- Ensure the processing of accurate and timely financial functions
- Preparation of management accounts and their impact on the organization
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and with local statutory requirements.
- Administration and human resource support
Job skill specifications:
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Integrity and honesty
- Customer-service skills
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- Accountancy qualification in CPA.
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks) and business principles and practices.
- Organizational, planning, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Critical thinking and Analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Relevant professional experience in a similar role would be an added advantage.
We encourage female candidates, candidates with disabilities and candidates from marginalised groups to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents:
1. A cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. Contact details for two (2) referees.
4. Salary expectation.
We will not be able to notify all applicants unless they are shortlisted.
Please email your application by 29th January 2021.