- Exp.: 1+ Years
- Min. Education level: Master's Degree
- Specialism: Agriculture, Horticulture or Aquaculture / Economics or Statistics
About our organization:
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural research for development. Established in 1972, it is one of the 15 Centres of the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. ICRISAT with its Headquarters located in India has regional centres and research teams in Asia and Sub- Saharan Africa. In the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA), ICRISAT has country programs in Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique and Ethiopia, with its regional office for ESA located in Nairobi, Kenya.
We invite you to learn more about ICRISAT and World Agroforestry by accessing our web sites www.icrisat.org and http://worldagroforestry.org/
Supporting the implementation of Quantitive aspects of Gender Research in the ESA Region
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of scientists, this role is an implementation role: implementing Quantitative Gender Research in ICRISAT’S ESA region including:
- Managing partnerships with the national implementing partners and other collaborators involved in quantitative gender research,
- Literature review on quantitative research state of the art publications in the relevant sectors,
- Support in designing of data collection questionnaires, and converting those into tablet based digital collection tools,
- Monitoring of household or other value chain surveys implemented in the field,
- Cleaning of household or value chain datasets obtained from the field,
- Modelling and analysis of quantitative data obtained from the field in consultation with the team leader drafting of reports based on quantitative data compilations and,
- Any other assignments that the team leader or the Regional Director may assign from time to time.
Essential Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Masters in Agricultural or Development or Applied Economics.
- 1 year experience in a similar role.
- Skills in economics, development policy, econometrics, research methods, gender theory.
Competencies in field work implementation, field tools design, data collection and analysis, field data management, reports compilation.
Terms of offer:
ICRISAT is hosted by the World Agroforestry and is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This position is remunerated on local terms and will be for an initial period of one (1) year renewable, subject to three (3) probation period.
The position will be based at ICRISAT offices in Nairobi, Kenya.
How to apply:
Complete the application form and attach your cover letter and CV/Resume (as one document – labelled with your First Name and Last Name).
Applications will be considered until 5 February 2021. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted