- Exp.: Some Experience a Plus
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Economics or Statistics / Health Records Management / IT or Computer Science
The International Centre for Reproductive Health – Kenya (ICRHK) is a local non-profit organization that works in the area of sexual and reproductive health research and intervention programs. Our projects are in the thematic areas of HIV/AIDS, Family planning, RHMNCH and sexual and gender-based violence. Our staff include experts in public health, clinical services, research, project management and data. We seek to fill the following positions for a KP program;
DATA ASSISTANTS – 5 POSTS ( Kilifi, Mtwapa, Malindi, Likoni and Mvita)
Date of Job Description 1st July 2020
Reporting to: Thematic Lead – MERL
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Ensuring all registers at the DIC are complete and updated.
• Ensure submission of complete, accurate and timely program and MOH reports.
• Ensuring that the data recorded on the CRF is entered into the specific database
completely, accurately and within the set time frame
• Provide weekly analysis of KPLHIVs in cohort to ensure HIV case finding Scale Up including index testing analysis (all KPLHIV in cohorts offered, contact elicitation ratio 1:3, 80% contacts tested, 30% case identification from index testing strategy), risk network referrals and targeted community outreaches
• Set up weekly performance monitoring systems and ensure all site members are updated on progress/target achievement on weekly basis
• Ensure complete entry of Cohort registers and provide update of progress on weekly basis
• Identifying any problems with the databases and taking appropriate action in discussion with your line manager
• Participate in Kenya EMR implementation
• Liaise with M&E officers to ensure data received in the data section are complete and correct
• Ensure that appropriate security measures are taken to prevent unauthorized access to data, in accordance with the organization policy
• Establish and maintain an updated data filling system for the projects
• Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
• Attend required data entry trainings and meetings and provides input to enhance data systems
• Maintain the log of all incoming CRFs and their processing up to validation stage
• Perform any other relevant duties as directed and inline with the job group
• Diploma in Information Technology, Health Records and Information, statistics or equivalent.
• Experience in key population and HIV data management an added advantage.
• Understanding of public health/medical or social sciences field an asset
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fluent in Kiswahili and English.
• Good Communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Good organization skill and attention to details
• An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
How to Apply
Applicants must upload their application letter, an up-to-date CV with names and addresses of three referees and telephone contacts and the biodata form on the ICRHK job application portal before 22nd January 2021, 5 pm.
ICRHK is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately
qualified people from all sections of the community.
ICRHK does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment.