- Exp.: Some Experience a Plus
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Digital or Social Media / Journalism & Communication / Sales or Marketing
GrowthAfrica is the continent’s leading impact accelerator and we are giving an opportunity for growing talent to join our quest to develop the continent’s promising ventures and impact enterprises into prosperous and successful members of our societies, creating much needed job opportunities, economic wealth, and social transformation.
We drive investment- and market-readiness through cohort-based programmes and tailored support services. We work hard to ensure that local and international enterprises increase their rate and scope of success, be it during the start-up or market entry phase or the growth or expansion stage.
Through access to capital, markets, technology, and knowhow we have since 2002 supported over 1,800 businesses flourish. Our unique methodology and professional delivery allowed 87% of our clients to experience and sustain growth.
Headquartered in Nairobi, we currently run activities across the region and are in an ambitious geographical expansion phase. You will learn from a youthful, international, and ambitious team of 34 and growing.
About the role:
The Social Media Intern works closely with the Digital Media Assistant and is accountable to the Communications Lead. The intern will be assisting with key communications resource projects and be actively involved in operational communications. As an intern, you will be exposed to a broad range of business issues, at times working directly on projects with a team of colleagues or independently.
The internship is set for a duration of 6 months with start as soon as possible. The duration is designed to provide you with the optimal learning and integration into GrowthAfrica. We will offer you a basic stipend for the internship.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Curate, develop and schedule posts for key social media as per media strategy and plan
- Provide input, feedback and support for the continuous improvement of our online presence
- Analyse key metrics from website(s), social media platforms and provide weekly reports
- Research and development keeping the team updated on new social media developments and trends plus tools which can enhance our reach, traction and engagement
- Assist in optimising content for search engine optimisation of our online presence in terms of communication and non-technical content and copywriting for
- Communication and marketing of events and entrepreneur projects and programmes
- Audience/usability testing of our communication and its messaging
- Contribute with news, blogging and content updates/improvements on our online media
- Content development and collection through video and photo coverage on all our activities
- Assist in campaign development for visual, written and video themed content
- Perform any other task assigned by the line manager
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in media, communications and/or marketing
- Previous experience working within communications, digital media, or marketing is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with WordPress, Google analytics, scheduling tools 8 design tools e.g. Hootsuite, Photoshop
- Ability to produce accurate quality work
- Meticulous and strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Capable of working independently and taking initiative as well as collaborating with the team
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Motivated, curious to learn and a self-starter
- Flexible and willing to perform tasks outside of core duties
Why work with us?
- Great learning experience and platform to jump-start your professional career and gain solid work experience
- Purpose-driven organisation and opportunity
- Energetic team dedicated to growing entrepreneurial ventures and business across Africa
- Grow your professional network as you work and learn with our dynamic team across 6 countries
- Learning and insights on innovation and entrepreneurship across the continent
- Become part of a highly committed, international team
This opportunity is based in: Nairobi, Kenya. We aim to select the candidate starting from March 22nd 2020 and have you join our team as soon as possible.
Want to apply?
Send your CV in PDF format and a tailored cover letter and other relevant documents with the name of the role in the subject line. Maximum size for attachments is 5 MB and do not send zipped files.
Open for applications now! We expect to close for applicants on 19th March 2021. If the role is not filled by then, we will still accept and review applications on a rolling base after the deadline.