- Exp.: Some Experience a Plus
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Copywriting & Content Creation / Digital or Social Media / Graphic Design / Journalism & Communication / Public or External Relations
The Financial Sector Deepening Kenya (FSD Kenya) is an independent trust dedicated to the achievement of an inclusive financial system that supports Kenya’s long-term development goals. We work closely with government, the financial services industry and other partners to develop financial solutions that better address real world challenges faced by low-income households, enterprises and underserved groups such as women and youth.
FSD seeks an intern for a period 6 months to provide basic support to the Communications Function. The Communications Intern will engage in communications activities including marketing and distribution of FSD Kenya publication and content, digital and social media content development, and general communications outreach activities.
To provide support for activities relating to communications, advocacy, digital communications and media engagement.
- Work with the communications team to implement FSD Kenya’s communications strategy
- Support day-to-day communications tasks while ensuring that the FSD Kenya brand is adhered to and represented effectively
- Support production of a wide range of communications including marketing materials, e-newsletters, electronic media, reports, press releases, articles, brochures, videos, social media messages
- Help to organize meetings, seminars, webinars, report launches and events and media inquiries, including media outreach
- Work with staff in the communication and promotion of projects writing and editing of FSD Kenya website stories
- Supporting the production of brochures, project briefs, media articles, drafting of op-ed type articles etc.
- Support FSD Kenya’s social media campaigns
- Help with the editing of additional website content information
- Develop content including images and videos for website and advocacy materials
- Design communications and publicity collaterals
CONDUCT OF THE WORK
The intern will work closely with the communications team. The work requires rigor and attention to detail.
- Studying or completed education to a college or university level in communications, journalism, public relations, communications or other relevant field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent written communication skills with experience writing content for a wide range of purposes
- Experience and knowledge of social media strategies and digital/multimedia communications strategies and tools
- Graphic design skills, website editing skills (working knowledge of content management systems) and virtual event planning experience an asset
- General IT competence and command of main office software programmes
- Experience working in a communications role an asset
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and interest in international development, Kenyan financial sector, and experience working in a non-profit environment an asset
This engagement an initial period of six months with a possibility of extension depending on the demands of the assignment