- Salary (KES): unpaid
- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: IT or Computer Science / Software Engineering
Frexwell Technologies, a Zimbabwean based full-service Digital Agency is looking for a Kenyan Intern WordPress developer
As an Intern Developer, you’ll work directly with our development team to modify and change websites & digital projects that amplify our client’s story. You’ll help us build new websites while maintaining existing projects and platforms that aim to bring our client’s users into their unique/immersive stories. You’re capable of performing the first line of interaction with clients. Oftentimes, development questions will go beyond your capabilities, however, you will be able to answer the streamlined questions that come into our support queues.
Build & Maintain Solutions
You’ll have the opportunity to build on what we’ve done and shape the future of our client support team. Exploring solutions and helping to find the “right” fix for our clients is an area of pride for our team. You’ll help to carry the mantel as you engage and communicate with clients.
We’ll expect and support your growth. We’re hiring for someone who will roll up their sleeves and add value on day one, but we’re also hiring for potential. Our organization is in an exciting time of growth, and this position is a big priority. Help us grow, and grow with us.
WHAT SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE
For day-to-day success, you will…
- Exhibit flexibility, kindness, and a willingness to learn. Yep, that’s the top of the list!
- Be comfortable in ambiguity and shaping “something” into something extraordinary without paint-by-number instructions.
- Use your agility and curious mind to respond to new challenges in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Collaborate with other teams and help enforce & encourage processes that support getting projects done on time.
- Be expected to actively participate in various stages of the software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
For success in your first four months, you will…
- Take initiative in getting to know the folks you work with (welcome to a Zoom world).
- Collaborate with directors, producers, developers, designers, and IT to find solutions for our clients that are better than what they expected.
- Be able to make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies that fit within Frexwell Technologies.
- Provide clear time/resource estimates on project commitments and effectively deliver updates & change requests.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE PARTY
Skills and Qualifications
- You are working on a university degree or actively trying to get into the field of Web development.
- You’re fluent in English—equally able to write or present.
- Basic understanding of what WordPress is and how you could leverage these types of systems to provide custom solutions to client needs. (We work a lot in WordPress)
- Possibility of getting a permanent position after 6 months of internship
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Exposure to real-world Technologies.
Frexwell is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws