- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: High School
- Specialism: Office Admin/Support
Food for the Hungry-Kenya, a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Reports to: HR and Admin Manager
Application deadline: 6th January 2021
VALUES, VISION, AND PURPOSE
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
POSITION IN THE ORGANISATION
The Office Assistant reports hierarchically to the HR & Admin Manager.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key result # 1 – Cleaning offices, preparation and serving of refreshments
1. Clean all the Nairobi offices including the Region offices every morning. Ensure the office is neat and well organized.
2. Dust and polish surfaces in the entire office and empty dustbins on a daily basis
3. Prepare office tea and clean the utensils.
4. Ensure there is adequate drinking water with clean glasses at all time
5. Cleaning the office toilet and ensure there is adequate toiletries.
Key result # 2. Supplies request and management /office support.
1. Procure kitchen beverages and office newspapers as directed.
2. Ensure there is enough cleaning detergents in stock by requisitioning as necessary
3. Maintain a well updated re order level of all supplies – both for kitchen items and toiletries.
4. Assist in photocopying and scanning documents as directed.
Key result #3 – Distribution of messages/payment of bills
1. Collect and deliver official documents and mails
2. Run errands for the respective office and pay bills as directed
3. Ensure timely submission of statutory cheques and other payment requested.
Key result #3 – Handling reliever duties at the reception
1. In the absence of the Admin Assistant sit at the reception area.
2. Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate persons,
3. Make calls and receive incoming calls.
4. Ensure the reception area is neat and tidy.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
- Good interpersonal skills
- People skills: warmth with people, conversational, able to relate to and be in continual interaction and communication with people.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Basic hands on experience on computers usage
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Form four certificate and some relevant professional training plus at least 2 years’ relevant working experience within a similar or comparable environment
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
As appropriate, shall be responsible for creating, promoting and maintaining an environment that prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and takes appropriate measures for this purpose.
ANTI TERRORISM SCREENING
FH conducts Anti- terrorism screening as part of recruitment process.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager latest by 6th January 2021.
NB: While we value every person applying for this job, please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY (FH KENYA) DOES NOT SOLICIT ANY TYPE OF PAYMENT FOR JOB APPLICATIONS OR HIRING PROCESSES.