- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Chemical Engineering / Electrical & Electronic Engineering / Industrial Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Process Engineering
Eenovators is an Energy Consulting firm that is dedicated to offering innovative and reliable solutions that meet our clients’ needs. Our mission is to conserve the future of mankind by implementing Energy Saving and Clean Energy consumption initiatives. Eenovators also takes pride to harness innovative, agile and creative ideas bent towards providing technically appropriate solutions. We do this by;
During the training period, the energy intern will be expected to:
- Understand Energy Laws and Regulations around Energy Efficiency and Energy Auditing in Kenya
- Structure an EPRA Compliant Energy Audit Report
- Be able to complete a site survey and complete equipment lists
- Learn how to complete a desk top analysis of energy bills
- Be able to ascertain energy details from name plate and manuals
- Learn how to safely log Power Consumption using a Power Quality
- Analyzer or Power Energy Loggers
- How to safely use tools of the trade (ultrasonic leak detector, Lux Meter, Combustion Analyzer, clamp meter, Infra-red camera etc.)
- Learn how to use machine learning and AI technology to run our energy management program
After the training period the energy intern should be able to:
- Conduct jobsite observations, field inspections, or sub-metering to collect data for energy conservation analyses.
- Make recommendations regarding energy conservation measures after an energy audit
- Prepare project reports and other program or technical documentation.
- Train personnel or clients on topics such as energy management.
- Carrying out site inspections and energy surveys;
- Participate in installation of energy management products and customers site.
- Work with implementation partners to ensure proper project implementation
- Participate in company energy programs like the World Energy Day and Energy Engineering Internship program
- Ability to work with limited supervision and successfully within a team.
- Professional – maintain an image of professionalism, excellent service delivery and passion for excellence.
- Ability to resolve practical problems independently.
- Self-motivated and ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills. Knowledge of using online platforms, machine learning and AI
- Be able to subscribe to our values of integrity, professionalism and innovation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical and Process Engineering from a reputable institution of learning.
- Membership in professional associations like AEPEA, AEE, EBK and IEEE etc will be an added advantage
- Possession of a valid driving license will be an added advantage
Contract Period: 6 months with a possibility of extension depending on performance
How to Apply
If you believe you fit the required profile, please send your application quoting the email subject; Internship Program by 5p.m. on 12th January 2021
Note: Please email ONLY the following documents at this stage; One-page Cover Letter and a CV
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in energy auditing will be an added advantage
- In possession of a driving licence