- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Not Specified
- Specialism: Any Field of Study / HR & Administration
Digital Divide Data (DDD) is a US based non-profit, mission driven enterprise with the goal of using technology and digital skills to bridge the divide between economically and socially marginalized youth and employment opportunities that lead to a sustainable and viable future. DDD identifies talented but underserved youth in Africa and Asia (Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos are main centers) to enter formal employment, undergo professional training and skills development and pursue tertiary education. Our headquarters are in New York, and we have over 1,500 employees across our operations in Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos.
On the business side DDD provides data preparation services to build highly reliable and accurate training datasets for some of the most innovative applications in AI and machine learning today. Our early stage, fast growing, and well-funded machine learning business partners with clients that depend on us to provide quality data labeling, annotation, and enrichment services for computer vision and natural language processing use cases across robotics, sports analytics, aerial imagery, e-commerce, fintech, telemedicine, media, agribusiness, and autonomous vehicles.
About the role
This is an opportunity to learn, it is ideal for people who see a future in training, humanitarian or development work. The will help in training, recruitment, event planning, reporting and coordinating activities of the Young Professionals Club.
- Participate in the recruitment process for BEST trainees
- Develop a training plan and maintain a training calendar.
- Conduct orientation sessions for BEST trainees and also train
- Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees during the BEST training period.
- Coordinate the Young Professional Club (YPC) activities.
- Organize the Job Readiness training for both associates and trainees
- Coordinate the charity events
- Support mobilization of students/youth for offsite BEST sessions.
- Management of training room and training equipment
- Other duties as may be requested.
- Good communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people across cultures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and a positive attitude
- Comfortable with MS Office
- Able to plan events, take minutes and write reports
- A mentor and able to train
- A good mobilizer and able to prioritize.
- Have some reasonable level of Emotional Intelligence.
- Enjoys charitable events, participation in previous events with DDD is desirable
- Associate in the work-study program or a recent work-study graduate.
- Being a member of DDD’s Young Professionals Club (YPC) is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If interested kindly submit your application on or before 16th March 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.