- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Electrical & Electronic Engineering
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of Water and Energy solutions in the region. The Group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, DRC and Zimbabwe. The company has a total complement of over 800 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region and seeks to fill the position of Electrical Design Engineer.
The principal job tasks being as follows: –
- Design control panels for assembly using ACADE/EPLAN.
- Customize PLC/HMI programs to suit customer requirements.
- Create documentation such as specifications, SOPs, drawings, instruction manuals and BOMs.
- Assist Production Team in addressing emerging technical challenges and material sourcing.
- Supervising and commissioning engineering works and projects.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes: –
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Electrical Design & Engineering.
- Holders of an Upper 2nd Class honours degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field from a recognized institution.
- Experience using Electrical Design Software such as ACADE/EPLAN and programming Siemens/SE PLCs and HMIs.
- Project management skills including ability to organize, schedule, prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of any of the following will be an added advantage: IoT, Network fundamentals, Computer Programming, Agile methodologies.
- Strong relational intelligence, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of specialists in the Water and Energy sectors which have significant potential for future growth. The job will provide a challenging and stimulating work environment with excellent growth opportunities for the successful candidates.
If you meet the set requirements and would like to be considered, please apply for the role before Friday 8th January 2021.