DanChurchAid (DCA) Kenya is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nakuru, Nyandarua, Siaya and Busia counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. We implement projects directly and through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org
DCA is seeking to recruit an energetic Kenyan National for an internship position as Programme Assistant. The intern will serve for a period of one year. The position is Nairobi based with travels to the field – and reports to the DCA Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Partnerships Officer (DMEP Officer).
The PAI is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the DCA Kenya program team members throughout the design, planning and implementation of the country program.
The main responsibilities of the intern are:-
Program & Operational Support
- Facilitate logistical support to DCA team members and potential consultants, as well as with relevant partner staff, on the monitoring and evaluation of project/program activities.
- Support planning for and participate in the Country program annual critical reflection workshops & partners platform.
- In close consultations with the PO-DMEP, facilitate and support digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other relevant assessments.
- Support in uploading & updating all the necessary program documentation in the relevant DCA internal platforms (PPD & Maconomy).
- Support in organising program/project training events & meetings & support in taking minutes/notes as well as following up on key action points with relevant staff.
- Assist the PO-DMEP in building up an inventory of relevant consultants and capacity building institutions relevant to the work of DCA in Kenya.
- In close consultations with PO-DMEP, facilitate the initiation, processing & approval of key purchase requests (PRs) related to program cross cutting activities.
- Participate in relevant HQ organised technical webinars in close consultations with the PO-DMEP.
Communication & Visibility
- In close consultations with the PO-DMEP, support and facilitate regular and effective partner communication and follow up on project grant management related aspects.
- Support the Communication Assistant (CA) in organising and facilitating media visits and creation of program/project implementation content and messaging for social media dissemination.
- Support the Communication Assistant in monitoring the DCA social media accounts and share highlight on key trending developments.
- Participate in relevant HQ organised communication webinars in close consultations with the CA.
- Work closely and maintain constant communications and coordination with DCA Kenya partner organization and communication focal points.
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the PO-DMEP & Head of Program (HoP).
- Take active and constructive part in the teamwork at the DCA Kenya office as well as suggest possible improvements to the work at the office.
- When requested, represent DCA and participate in various relevant meetings (including the ACT Kenya Forum – AKF, taskforces & working groups) in consultation with the PO – DMEP.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the PO-DMEP from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University degree in a relevant field – social sciences, community development, social work or equivalent.
- Demonstrates excellent time-management skills, interpersonal skills, exhibits ability to multitask on a regular basis & pays close attention to detail.
- Is proficient in the use of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Exhibits confident, friendly and professional demeanour.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper compositional practices to aid in writing and proofreading.
- Communicates clearly, respectfully, and effectively & exhibits strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively to assist in special event planning and representation.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for applications is: 26/10/2021
Only online applications will be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.