- Exp.: Some Experience Required
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Engineering or Technical / IT or Computer Science / Telecommunication Engineering
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Reporting to: IT Team Lead, Kenya
Job Tier Level:
The incumbent will provide delivery and second level technical internship support at the call center. They will maintain the computer networks of all types, providing technical support and ensuring the whole call center runs smoothly, as they monitor and maintain all computer systems, installing and configuring hardware and software as well as solve technical problems.
- To provide first line assistance to users when problems with systems
- To help to triage and where possible resolve issues immediately or to log and escalate as appropriate.
- To provide a conduit for two way communication between users and support staff, including champion users, other floorwalkers, service desk.
- To support and advise on downtime procedures and business continuity to ensure that they are adopted successfully in their allocated local work area.
- To ensure that all system and process issues and incidents are logged and tracked using formal documentation
- To become an effective member of the ‘Floor walking Team’ they will require good communication, diagnostic, system and process knowledge and be adaptable to be assigned to multiple locations.
- install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- replace parts as required
- set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
- conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- To provide a link between the end users and the project team enabling the speedy escalation of issues encountered without taking the user away from the workplace.
- To work autonomously using own initiative and make decisions based on expertise and knowledge of Building based care processes, procedures and
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Telecommunications or related field
- 3/4 years Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in Business Requirements gathering and analysis
- Certifications in SDLC, Agile, Bl, R or DevOps
- Certification in Database Administration or Development
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrable experience in Project Management
- Good understanding of current IT security and Data protection standards
- Good understanding of Cloud and mobile technology
- Experience with Programming and Scripting Languages (Python Preferred) C++, Java, C#, or C.
- Excellent customer facing skill set with ability to work with potential clients to develop technical work scopes for incorporation into project proposals
- Exercises initiative and creativity to complete projects within the project scope
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a highly team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to function in a fast-paced, project-based, environment
- A demonstrated passion for learning new technologies
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their CV and cover letter before 23rd December 2020.
Founded in 2007 as a for-profit social enterprise, d.light manufactures and distributes award-winning solar products designed to serve the more than 2 billion people globally without access to reliable electricity. With operations across Africa, Asia and the Americas, d.light has impacted close to 100 million lives with its products and solar solutions. For more information, visit www.dlight.com