Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments in the high growth Kenyan Region. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products due to the large banking spread, and the lack of institutional grade real estate; by providing high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold. With offices in Nairobi, Nakuru, Nyeri and Kisumu – Kenya and Washington, DC – USA, we are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, education, and hospitality. Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Africa Financial Fund (CAFF). Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and self-driven team players to join the team as Research and Deal Origination Interns in the Research and Deal Origination Department.
- Undertaking Real Estate market research for site identification, site acquisition and business case preparation.
- Responsible for performing all aspects of the Site Acquisition process from site identification and qualification through to the completion of zoning approvals for multiple sites.
- Data collection and analysis on sales trends and consumer demographics, preferences, needs and buying habits in the real estate industry.
- Real Estate financial modeling and data analysis.
- Assisting with conducting research using comparable properties sold in an area and investigating potential issues that affect value such as the title of the property by ensuring an up to date database of all property comparables as provided by the real estate team.
- Consulting and coordinating with agents in gathering property photos, staging, repairs, cleaning, signage, access requirements & marketing activities including property listings, assisting prospective clients, accompany clients to property site, discuss conditions of sale, and drawing up real estate contracts.
- Promoting sales of properties through advertisements and participation in listing services, either directly or via agents.
- Coordinating the preparation and assembly of documents for presentations and meetings.
- Communicating between multiple departments and coordinating internal and external meetings.
- Tracking and reporting on various initiatives at the direction of the Research and Deal Origination team.
- Other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring efficiency and effective functioning of the Research and Deal Origination team.
- KCSE B+ or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum of Second Class, Upper division.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong organizational and time management skills -ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Innovative and solution oriented individuals.
- Ability to cope under pressure and work within a fast pace environment.
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Be part of a fast paced dynamic organization
- Skill acquisition from different departments with Cytonn Real estate
- Clear understanding of Real estate dynamics