- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Not Specified
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance / Co-operative Management / Economics or Statistics / Entrepreneurship / Investment
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section20).
For better execution of its mandate, the Council of Governors is established in various sectorial working Committees and Departments. To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit an Intern to support the Trade, Investment, Manufacturing & Cooperatives Committee at the Council:
Scope of Assignments
Support the Trade, Investment, Manufacturing & Cooperatives Committee in monitoring best practices and emerging trends and technologies with respect to Trade & Cooperatives.
The specific duties and responsibilities will include:
• Assist in establishing and maintaining a data base for all the CECs, Chief Officers, Directors in the Trade and Investment sector from the Counties;
• Assist in monitoring Current Bills before National Assembly, Senate and County Assemblies relating to Trade and Investment matters;
• Assist in monitoring National policies relating to Trade and Investment;
• Assist in convening and taking minutes for the weekly Committee meetings;
• Assist in research on contemporary issues regarding Trade and Investment Committee;
• Recording decisions and key elements of discussions at committee meetings;
• Assist in tracking of the media reports on the Trade and Investment sector and developing a status update matrix on the decisions taken so far on the issues highlighted;
• Monitor the implementation of the Committee workplan;
• Coordinating planning and Administration of Trade and Investment functions of the Counties.
• Assist in managing business information in the Counties.
• Support the Committee work of the Secretariat;
• Taking minutes during meetings;
• Writing and submitting Report within required timelines;
• Assist in managing COG meetings.
• Perform any other duty as maybe assigned by the Supervisor
The Assignments will be task managed by the Council of Governors Committee supervised by and reporting to the Senior Program Officer – Trade, Investment, Manufacturing & Cooperatives
Duration of the assignment
The internship duration is for a period of six (6) months.
• Have a Bachelor Degree in Cooperative Management, Commerce, Economics, Finance and Investment Management, or Entrepreneurship from a recognized Institution;
• Certificate in Computer applications.
• Experienced in undertaking comprehensive research;
• Outstanding Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills;
• Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail;
• A high level of computer literacy and proficient in written and spoken English and Kiswahili; and
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply
Interested persons should send their CV with names and addresses of three referees and Cover letter ONLY on or before Friday 30th April, 2021, indicating the name of the position applying for in the subject on the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer.
Persons living with disabilities and Persons from the marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.