- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: Certification
- Specialism: Driving
The International Potato Center (CIP) was founded in 1971 as a research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato and andean roots and tubers. It delivers innovative science-based solutions to enhance access to affordable nutritious food, foster inclusive sustainable business and employment growth, and drive the climate resilience of root and tuber agri-food systems. Headquartered in Lima, Peru, CIP has a research presence in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The Driver will assist in supporting CIP project activities in Kenya and will report directly to the Senior Scientist.
- Ensure that project vehicles are kept clean and road worthy.
- Check vehicle condition/requirement and fill-in the Logbook properly.
- Ensure use of project vehicles follows CIP motor vehicle policy.
- Operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and always follow road safety standards.
- Conduct day-to-day vehicle checks on oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc. and timely report any noted defects to the supervisor.
- Ensure regular maintenance and servicing of project vehicles with reputable service providers.
- Report accidents or incidents to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Drive project vehicles for transportation of project staff to implement field activities in project target countries.
- Prepare monthly summary of project vehicles’ logbooks and share with the office administrative assistant.
- Ensure compliance with CIP driving policy in case of involvement in an accident.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Valid driver’s license.
- At least 2 years of experience required in similar positions with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of car mechanics and ability to attend to minor repairs and maintenance of the vehicle in case of breakdown will be an advantage.
- Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office.
- Ability to adapt to different work situations and work in a team.
- Experience in driving 4×4 vehicles over long distances and on rough terrain.
- Experience in working with international organizations is an added advantage.
- Willingness to spend considerable time working under field conditions in rural areas.
- Valid certificate of good conduct.
- Excellent working environment.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.