- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance / Economics or Statistics
CarePay is an international,fast-growing fintech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and the Netherlands. Our company’s vision is to make mobile health insurance accessible to everyone by using state-of-the-art technology against no marginal costs. We strongly believe in leveraging the mobile technology revolution to transform the health insurance sector. CarePay has developed a smart payment distribution platform on the foundations of the mobile money ecosystem, which permanently connects patients, premium payers, insurers and healthcare providers on our platform. The platform provides mobile health wallets which allows all stakeholders to send, receive and pay dedicated healthcare funds to each other instantly and thereby reducing costs, creating huge data value and enhancing transparency and accountability. CarePay’s platform has connected over 4.5million participants and 1,200 healthcare facilities and is now expanding its business internationally, starting with Nigeria and Tanzania.
Since its start, CarePay has received wide-spread international coverage and traction. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018by the World Economic Forum, following the footsteps of long line of successful companies, such as Google (2001), Twitter (2009) and Airbnb (2013). In 2019,CarePay won the Swiss Re Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award.
CarePay is looking to hire an intern who will support the Payments Operations Team in Kenya with administrative activities.
The Intern will support the Payments Operations team with operational tasks.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE &EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor degree in Finance /Statistics/Engineering or Accounting/CPA/ CFA
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel) and Google sheets
· High-level written and verbal communication skills.
· The ability to analyse, model and interpret data
· A high level of mathematical ability
· Problem-solving skills
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Good analytical skills and quantitative reasoning
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with great accuracy, organization, attention to detail andfollow-through
· Team player
· Flexible and ability to adapt or change to new situations
· Achievement Drive – Sets goals and strives to achieve them with enthusiasm and determination.
· Pro-active – not afraid to actively flag when things are unclear or need extra checks
· Available to start in the next 2 weeks
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Learn more about the world of Technology in relation to Healthcare and Finance
· Learn data and financial analysis
· Gain a deeper understanding of business systems.
· Learn how IT Systems operate at a growing company
· Experience a strong sense of belonging as the team proudly works together.
· Have a hands-on experience on working with complex projects and monitoring their progress