- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance / Business Admin, Management or Development / Community Service & Development / Social Sciences
CARE International works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. We put women and girls in the centre because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
CARE currently works in 100 countries, helping millions of the world’s poorest people find routes out of poverty.
In consultation with the Project Manager, the Field Officer (FO) will oversee sensitization, recruitment and appropriate training of Community Based Resource Persons to enhance promotion of general livelihood of target households in the Project. The FO will also train Community Based Resource Persons (CBRP) on financial inclusion and maintain a proper Savings Group MIS database. In addition the FO will continuously support the Community Based Trainers to meet the project deliverables which includes training, building confidence of beneficiaries, identifying, planning and managing household income generation activities and relevant technical skill development among others.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Create awareness creation on project goal, objectives and expected outputs.
- Facilitate development of community structures for managing the implementation of project activities.
- Facilitate recruitment and training of Community Based Resource Persons and Beneficiaries
Facilitate identification and sensitization and training of participant Beneficiaries on areas relevant to the project.
- Provide technical support to Community Based Trainers and participating beneficiaries on Value Chain selection, planning and management and guidance in facilitating linkages to market (input and output) improvement.
- Facilitate linkage of Value Chain IGAs inputs and output service providers to suppliers, buyers and other relevant support
Facilitate joint planning and review meetings with the participating Beneficiaries.
- Maintain appropriate data on project implementation as per the project monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Facilitate procurement planning of Beneficiaries Trainings materials.
- Undertake proper maintenance and use assigned resources.
- Coordinate CBTs in the County.
§ Bachelor degree in social science or Bachelor of business/ Commerce, Community Development
§ At least 2 years work experience in Community development/ Business development/ or Livelihoods/or Value Chain development programming
§ A grasp of socio cultural economic issues with respect to poverty, savings, and enterprise development in rural settings
- Business Development knowledge
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills
- Training/coaching/mentoring/ Facilitation skills
§ The ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically and work effectively within a team
§ Ability to speak the local language and Kiswahili
§ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
§ Ability to work under pressure and deadlines with minimal supervision
Knowledge of participatory approaches
This position will be based in assigned County – Bungoma or Kakamega with 90% travel to the field.
Note: Appointment to this position is up to 30th June 2021 with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds.
Deadline to receive all applications will be on or before 26th January, 2021 at 5.00 p.m EAT. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. CARE has a commitment to gender, equity and diversity in our workplace and operations. CARE respects and values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexuality, ethnicity, age, disability, religion or politics. This is reflected in our recruitment decisions which are made entirely through a transparent, merit-based selection process. All CARE staffs are required to comply with the Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Protection (CP) policies.