- Salary (KES): Paid
- Exp.: Some Experience Required
- Min. Education level: Not Specified
- Specialism: Digital or Social Media / Graphic Design / Photography & Videography
BLACKOWNED is a boutique marketing consultancy designing digital marketing solutions and bespoke content for brands and influencers throughout the Diaspora. With deep expertise in multicultural campaigns, inclusive brand building, and B2C partnerships, BLACKOWNED challenges the industry with our leading-edge approach to diverse marketing. BLACKOWNED’s mission is to innovate and create authentic solutions – coming together with an expanding circle of creatives to unlock long-term value and growth for our Clients.
Our Digital Media Intern should be a storyteller who uses video to bring ideas to life. The candidate will help develop, shoot and edit both photo and video projects to create meaningful, creative visual content with a high degree of professionalism. They will work closely with our social media strategy team to identify and create short-form video and stills to be distributed across BLACKOWNED’s social media platforms.
- Collaborate with social media team and stakeholders to create compelling, shareable short-form video content
- Support day-to-day video, photography, and editing needs of BLACKOWNED team
- Provide photo editing and retouching support as needed to deliver a cohesive visual aesthetic across social platforms
- Responsible for the management, planning and/or production of creative assets including but not limited to video, animation, photography, graphic design for corporate marketing and communications needs.
- Editing of all photo, video, audio assets using editing software Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Bridge, Premiere, Audition, and After Effects)
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Premiere and After Effects
- Strong social media video capabilities
- Demonstrated skills in photo editing/retouching
- Familiar with social media platforms, comfortable with best practices, asset specifications, restrictions and content guidelines
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as part of a team in fast-paced environment with multiple projects, tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Understand social media creative trends
- Strong portfolio of stills and video content
- Effective and efficient communication skills
- You are a creative thinker with enthusiasm for your work
- You are a doer and someone who isn’t afraid to make decisions and make mistakes
- Illustration skills are a PLUS
At BLACKOWNED, you’ll learn, get the opportunity to lead, produce, and create work that tells a story. We are looking for a Digital Media Intern & Social Content Creator Videographer who can take an idea and create something unique. This is a paid internship with a 30-day trial period. Compensation is DOE.