- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Demography / Economics or Statistics / Education & Training / IT or Computer Science / Public/Community Health
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit organization that carries out high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. APHRC is implementing a member-driven initiative in education dubbed the Regional Education Learning Initiative (RELI). RELI brings together several institutions working towards improving learning outcomes in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. RELI’s long-term goal is to empower its members to become more effective and influential organizations in improving education outcomes in the region.
RELI seeks to engage a Statistician Intern to learn and work closely with the project team for an initial period of three months.
The intern will be engaged in the following:
- Contribute to the establishment of an online repository of data and evidence for RELI members;
- Together with the project team, support RELI member organizations and thematic groups to generate evidence through capacity strengthening on documenting evidence/scientific writing and proposal development;
- Work closely with the Research Officer to support in data management related activities, equity and inclusion related activities, and engagements with implementing partners and decision-makers; and
- Perform other project duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum qualifications required:
1. First degree in Mathematics, Bio/Statistics, Economics, Demography, Population Studies, Education, Public Health, Computer Science or related field.
2. Interest in quantitative data analysis and management.
3. Interest in programming and data visualization.
4. Basic knowledge on statistical software and any data programming language will be desirable.
Skills the intern will learn:
1. S/he will be trained to undertake and support data management in STATA or R,
2. The intern will also be trained to undertake and support data documentation using NESTAR.
3. Project documentation – study design, methodologies, and goals and objectives.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and CV through our recruitment portal by March 30, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.