- Exp.: Some Experience a Plus
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Customer Care / Digital or Social Media / Public or External Relations
The Customer Relationship Intern must have great relationship management skills, be an effective communicator and writer, and understand he business life cycle SMEs in Africa go through.
The successful candidate will report to the Marketing Manager – Community & Customer Growth as part of the marketing and sourcing department and will also work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications, with the objective to maintain our relationships with existing and potential customers.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic international team and will be based in Nairobi. This is a great opportunity for a customer champion with a passion for ensuring SMEs, learning, and development play a central part in Africa’s transformation.
The Customer Relationship Intern will be responsible for managing client relationships for the business in line with the company strategy.
- Focus on customers – champion customers by understanding their needs and interacting with them directly
- Respond and direct customer responses/inquiries that come through calls, WhatsApp, email, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and website
- Launch and manage digital campaigns on WhatsApp
- Data base management – adding new contacts in our database and labelling/managing tags for existing ones
- Liaise with marketing production team members on any marketing materials and collateral needed for correspondence to clients
- Provide critical insights to management on customer trends and client needs to shape the business strategy
- Engage with digital audiences during events – live tweeting, live streaming etc.
- Support the marketing and sourcing department in daily administrative tasks or other tasks assigned.
Skills & attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic digital and social media marketing skills
- Passion for the marketing industry and best practices
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
- Self-starter with a proactive approach, strong time management and prioritization skills
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience OR current enrolment in a related BS/BA or Master’s degree
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications
- Previous experience using customer relations or CRM systems desired
- Bachelor’s Degree