- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Monitoring and Evaluation / Project Management / Social Sciences
Al- Khair Foundation- Kenya is a registered humanitarian organization with commitment to providing humanitarian support, international development, emergency aid and disaster relief in the most deprived areas. Al- Khair Foundation’s core thematic areas include: Health, Education, WASH, Livelihood, Community Development and Emergency and is currently expanding its projects within the country.
· An Internship opportunity between 3-6 months (depending on funding)
The MEAL Intern role is key in ensuring he/she gives support in managing information and reporting processes and products to ensure professional, high-quality communication about AKF’s programmatic activities and results. The intern will also play an important role in improving information management and data quality, and in strengthening knowledge sharing and learning across the organization.
The incumbent will be reporting to the MEAL Officer and work closely with the rest of the Country team to develop MEAL tools and materials.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- · Support project staffs during preparation of annual plans, biannual revisions and quarter plans to make sure that the plan is realistic, complete and comply with agreed policies & HO requirements.
- · Assist to review project activity plans (annual, quarter), follow for the timely submission of project activity annual and quarter plans.
- · Assist to undertake monthly and quarterly projects performance reviews
- · Contribute to the development of projects by advising on appropriate theories of change, log frames, measurable outcomes and indicators;
- · Maintain and keep under review current monitoring, evaluation and institutional learning systems and processes, proposing changes where appropriate;
- · Advise on best practice for evaluation, measurement of results and value for money.
- · Assist to carry out internal evaluations to measure the effectiveness and impact of projects and manage external evaluations
- · Assist to analyze data in developing methodologies to provide an evidence base for the measurement of results and to demonstrate results more clearly;
- · Follow up with teams to provide data/feeds and pictures from the field which is needed for the development of success stories- ideally 1 story every month, and share it with the team to develop success stories
- · Assist to track project progress, performance, joint monitoring and data quality assessments which aim to track progresses, identify problems, support project staffs, extract lessons, and provide feedback and information for decision making.
- · Ensure intensive utilization of M&E tools by projects to monitor progress, evaluate performance and share reliable data for decision makers, developing M&E tools for new projects, and conducting regular supportive supervision.
- · Assist to compile and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- · Assist to review and compile project achievements on quarterly bases and check and make sure that the monthly tracking sheets are correctly filled.
- · Assist to prepare M & E tools for the newly started project and revise as needed.
- · Identify lessons learned and assist the project team in developing case stories/studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
- · Assist to conduct joint periodic monitoring and supportive supervisions at field level to track progresses, identify problems, support project staffs, and extract lessons and to provide feedback.
- · Perform other relevant tasks as required.
Academic Qualification & Competencies:
- · BA/BSc Degree in Project management, Social Science, M&E or relevant disciplines (Graduated not more than 2 years ago)
- · Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- · Proficiency in using personal computer and various office software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email management.
- · High attention to detail and accuracy
- · Ability to multitask and work with short deadlines
- · Must be a good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance.
How to apply:
To apply, send your current CV and Cover Letter stating your suitability for the position against the specifications given with the subject of the email as ‘MEAL Intern’ by EOD Friday, 15thJanuary 2021.
Each application should include three (3) referees.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Ps: Please note that Al- Khair Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fees at any point of the job applications.