- Exp.: 1+ Years
- Min. Education level: Diploma
- Specialism: Hospitality & Tourism / Water, Energy or Natural Resources Management / Wildlife & Aquatic Studies
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that all visitors and students at African Fund for Endangered Wildlife Kenya (AFEW Kenya) are given accurate information on environmental conservation.
i. Welcoming customers/students to AFEW Kenya;
ii. Taking visitors /students on guided walks in the AFEW Kenya sanctuary.
iii. Undertaking research and planning school ecology trips;
iv. Preparing and giving environmental conservation presentations to visitors /students;
v. Offering sightseeing advice;
vi. Developing learning itinerary to suit diverse groups.
i. 25 to 30 years of age;
ii. Enthusiastic and friendly;
iii. Capacity to stand and walk for extended periods;
iv. Excellent communication skills with a knack for storytelling;
v. Outstanding organizational time management, and improvisational skills;
vi. Experience in birding will be an added advantage.
- Diploma in Tourism, Wildlife Management, Natural Resource Management or any other related field;
- 1 year or more working as a tour guide;
- Knowledge in Foreign languages;
- Proficiency in MS Office.
How to Apply
All applications must be received on or before 7th February 2021.
All applications from interested persons should be sent to the organization and addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager
African Fund for Endangered Wildlife Kenya — Giraffe Centre