- Salary (KES): 30,000
- Exp.: Some Experience Required
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: International Relations/Development / Monitoring and Evaluation / Public Policy / Administration
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
ACTED has been present in Kenya since 2006 with a coordination office in Nairobi. The teams in Kenya are implementing projects to meet the needs of populations regularly affected by drought. Local communities are supported with improved access to food, protection of livelihoods and increased access to basic services such as sanitation, clean water. The NGO also works with local governments and community peace committees to promote social cohesion and integration.
You will be in charge of
- Contribute to the development and updating of the consolidated M&E work plan and M&E frameworks for all ongoing projects;
- Contribute to an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed;
- Assist in the development of the ToRs and mission plans and carrying out assessments, monitoring and evaluations (baselines, mid-terms, endlines) as reflected in the ToR and mission plan;
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans;
- Assist supervising of data collection activities as reflected in the mission plans;
- Assist maintaining electronic and/or paper-based MIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative data and information;
- Analyze AME data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Assist measuring and reporting on qualitative and quantitative input, process, output, outcome, impact, objective, and goal-level performance indicators for all projects;
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
- Assist documentation and sharing the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities;
- Contribute to the implementation of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in M&E-related conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of M&E;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Expected skills and qualifications
- University Degree in Public Administration, International Affairs, or a related field preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience establishing and/or working with community groups desirable
- Knowledge of and experience in field-based data collection methods
- Design, Monitoring and Evaluation experience in humanitarian/development settings
- Relevant local language and/or regional experience highly desirable
- Willingness to live and work in an insecure environment
Status : volunteer
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flights tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply:
Send your application with the Ref: AMEV/KEN in the subject, as well as with your CV, a cover letter including 3 references and the following statement: I hereby agree to ACTED terms and conditions as stated on ACTED website www.acted.org and I agree to the automated processing of my personal data by ACTED for recruitment purposes, as well as for, HR management and administrative compliance checks in accordance with European regulations related to personal data protection.